Thursday 6 June 2024

Gotland sun stone with Dioscuri

 A beautiful picture stone from Gotland, ca 6th century AD. 


It is one of several so called "sun stones". 

I already talked about this one here 


And I talked about this one here

Anyway, the horses are depicted facing each other, fighting for the right to mate...

The horse fertility is governed by the sunlight and peaks on summer solstice. Hence solar horses all over Eurasia...

Articles about solar horse (equid):

Iran "Water carrier equid", "Dioscuri plate from Iran"

Mesopotamia "Shamash playing with the solar horse", "Sun god from Tell Brak"

India "Hayagriva"

China "Longma", "Three legged crow", "Mythical beast from Xian"

Levant "Alexamenos graffito", "Goddess on a horse", "Unicorn"

Europe "Archaic rider", "Beotian solar pyxis", "Pegasus and chimera", "King John", "The horseman"


Guess what zodiac symbol marks the summer solstice? The twins...More precisely, Devine Horse Twins...Dioscuri...


I talked about this in my posts "Hayagriva", "Dioscuri plate from Iran"...

So both the two horses and the two warriors (twins) mark Summer solstice...

To read more about ancient animal and plant calendar markers, which were the key to deciphering all this, start here…then check the rest of the blog posts related to animal calendar markers I still didn't add to this page, and finally check my twitter threads I still didn't convert to blog post...I am 9 months behind now...

No comments:

Post a Comment