Saturday 18 September 2021

Bull god from Dusheti

Standard from the Treasure of Kazbek, Dusheti, Georgia 600-400 BC, Kremlin Museum...

The artifact was made at the time when thunder gods in the region loved riding on bulls while wielding axes...


I talked about this in my post "Kataibates"...But why?

This is climate graph for the Dusheti region. You can see that the maximum thunderstorm activity and the maximum rainfall for the Dusheti region is in Taurus...

An axe wielding thunder god arriving on a bull (in Taurus) brings rain which brings fertility...

Oh, btw, this Taurus has nothing to do with stars. It is an ancient animal calendar marker which marks the beginning of the calving season of the wild Eurasian cattle, Aurochs, which used to start in Apr/May...I talked about this in my post "Ram and bull", "Thunder poppies", "Dairy farming seas", "Butt chewing", "Killing of the bull of heaven", "Sacred fig goddess", "Calydonian boar", "Palla fish", "Holly cow"...

This symbol always means "Apr/May", no matter what age it is and at what location it is found in Eurasia and North Africa...

Oh and why bells? May, Taurus, is the time when people in the Dusheti region drive their flocks and herds up to the highland pastures...

One last thing? Ever thought why are lambs sacrificed at the end of April, beginning of May? Cause Aries has to end so Taurus can begin...I talked about this in my post "Aries must die"...

To read more about ancient animal and plant calendar markers, start here…then check the rest of the blog posts related to animal calendar markers I still didn't add to this page, and finally check my twitter threads I still didn't convert to blog post...I am 9 months behind now...

No comments:

Post a Comment